Global distribution to these and other major digital outlets.
Want to see your music on our label?
Get 100 likes on your projects to qualify for a release!
"The New Blend.io label will work with artists on its cloud-based music collaboration platform to monetize their work." Read more
"A great opportunity for folks who want to be part of a strong community that can lead to something more." Read more
"Blend announces record label and distribution deal, giving musicians and fans more control over their music." Read more
Erin Barra - Dawn
Frequently Asked Questions
- So, Blend is a label now?
- Well, we have a label now. Blend is still the best platform for collaborating and creating music, and now we have a way to help artists on our platform get even more exposure over hundreds of digital outlets worldwide while collecting royalties from the sales.
- What's the “sound” of the label? Is there a specific style you want the releases to be?
- Good question! Our users define the sound of the label. By gaining the support of fellow Blend artists and fans, you have the power to get your music qualified for a release. We will also be curating some releases from established artists — these tracks will be available for anyone to work with on Blend, too.
- What format will the releases be? Singles? EPs / LPs? Compilations?
- All of the above!
- Are you going to print vinyl / CDs / cassettes?
- At this point Blend is a digital only label, though we are currently exploring some limited edition physical versions for upcoming releases. That said, we love physical and as we grow will be looking to do more with it!
- What are the deal terms like?
- We’ve built our standard deal terms and conditions to be as artist friendly as possible (we know what a headache a ten page
contract can be). We don't want to own your masters for 20 years and we're not going to drown you in unknown recoupable costs
only to give you a tiny slice of what you've sold after it's all said and done. Our contracts are straight-forward, and comparable
to any standard Net-50 you'd find at most independent labels.
Aside from that, we're not here to “A&R” you. We've designed the Blend label so that your music is what gets you signed. We're not here to mess with your creativity or sound (or tell you what shoes to wear).
- So once I get 100 likes I'm signed and my record comes out?
- Pretty much. 100 likes on a project qualifies it for a release. Once that happens, we will get in touch with you and go over some things to make sure we can release the material (i.e. no uncleared samples, previously released material, or if you're under an exclusive contract with another label... or under 18).
- Can I collaborate on a Blend release with my friends?
- Of course! That's what Blend was created for. However, for accounting and royalty purposes we can only accept material with up to four (4) artists / collaborators / contributors.
- How can I see who's getting qualified for releases?
- Easy, just check blend.io/explore/popular and of course the Cred Board for some more real time info on who's doing what, when and how. We'll also be expanding all of these tools in the future to help you dig deeper into what's happening on Blend.
- I'm an artist with releases on other labels and love what you're doing! Can I release on Blend?
- Why yes, and yes! Publish something for us to hear on Blend and hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I'm signed but my label really loves what you're doing and wants to collab, is that cool?
- 100% cool. Have them reach out to us at email@example.com.
- I've got some more questions that aren't answered here, can I get in touch?
- Yep! Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I've got a great idea for this label. Do you take unsolicited advice?
- Hey, we built this thing for YOU, we're always open. Please send all your input to email@example.com.